Tapping on real Vertica implementation by many data driven leaders in the market, this session will share their common best practices on how they are building modern data architectures and their dos and don’ts.
- Modern data architectures dos and don’ts
- How to simplify the end-to-end data pipeline
- Reposition Hadoop to what Hadoop was built for
- Empower all end-users with the right analytics for the business
- Enable a multipurpose effective data platform
Yassine Faihe is the Vertica Global Head of Field Engineering, helping customers to modernize their analytics capabilities and data pipelines. He has 25 years of industrial and academic experience, specializing in big data, data science and software architecture. Prior to that Yassine was a senior research scientist at Philips Research (NL) was leading a research program on adaptive systems. Yassine filed more than 15 patent applications among which 10 were granted as US Patents. He holds a master’s degree in engineering from the University of Mulhouse (F) and a Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Neuchâtel (CH).
Stage 3 | Modern Data Platform | HOW TO
Yassine Faihe – Global Director of Big Data and Analytics Sales Engineering | Vertica